KidsFest has been entertaining Hong Kong kids for five years now. The shows bring to life our children’s favorite books — think Gruffalo, Stick Man and James and the Giant Peach. It is an accessible and engaging way to expose the little ones to theater and literature. While it is an expensive outing, it is worth turning the event into a special occasion — to make a day of it. Here, our tips on how to make the most of this experience.
- Use discount code: KF17 to save 10% when you book online
- It is an intimate theater, meaning there is not really a bad seat in the house! (Even the cheap seats are relatively close to the stage!)
- There are booster seats available so the little ones have a good view
- Park at Pacific Place and take the covered walkway towards the Academy of the Performing Arts (about 10-15 minutes walking). Or, keep it easy and valet park at the Grand Hyatt for $80/hr (min two hours). If you eat at one of the restaurants, you can have your parking validated.
- Stop for lunch or dinner afterwards at family-friendly Motorino – be sure to order the Nutella calzone! Or, head to the Grand Hyatt for afternoon tea or better yet the dessert buffet!
- Most shows are about 60 minutes long without an intermission (but there are snacks and drinks available in the lobby before hand)
- The age appropriateness of the show correlates to the book the play is based on.
- Bookazine is often selling books and souvenirs and there are balloons for everyone after the show.
- If plans change, you can contact HK Ticketing to try to exchange your tickets for a
different date (subject to seat availability).